Healixia - and the former associations that joined forces within Healixia - has a long history of offering educational sessions of high quality, on topics that help our members expand their knowledge and grow as a professional.
Our 4 education groups, with members active in clinical research, early development, medical affairs en regulatory affairs, meet several times throughout the year to brainstorm, shape and help organize these sessions. They keep tabs on what lives within the sector, what topics are relevant to explore further and bring to our members. We always take into account the feedback and ideas of our members themselves, who can fill out an evaluation form after each session. For most of our sessions, the materials (slides, documents, replay of the session,... ) are made available for the participants.
For our sessions, we work together with experts from industry, academia, authorities, regulatory bodies,...
To give you a feel of what to expect, here is a selection of the offer within Healixia Academy from recent years:
- Our yearly advanced 2-day course 'Introduction to Regulatory Affairs'. The course is addressed to people new to regulatory affairs who want to acquire a comprehensive foundation; to regulatory professionals wishing to update their knowledge, and to all collaborators working in close relationship with regulatory affairs and wishing to understand the role of the department. The program proposes an introduction to the legal, scientific, organisational and administrative aspects of medical products given by experienced tutors from university, FAMHP and industry.
- An annual conference on a cross-domain theme that is relevant and topical at the time, with key-notes, break-out sessions and networking opportunity.
- 'Does price transparency for innovative medicines lead to lower prices?', by Prof. Dr. Walter Van Dyck - Director Healthcare Management Centre - Vlerick Business School.
- Yearly session on Pharmacovigilance with updates from within the sector and topics suggested by our members, brought by experts from FAMHP and the industry.
- 'The Sustainable Development Goals: impact on our business and your job', by Prof. Dr. Wayne Visser (Antwerp Management School), Sonja Willems (Managing Director, Janssen Benelux), Veronique Toully (Vice President & Global Head of Sustainability UCB), Herman Devriese (University Hospitals Leuven) and Paula Ordonez (Global Head of Corporate Sustainability at SGS).
- 'Digitization within Medicine, the Belgian eHealth case', by Frank Robben, general manager of the Crossroads Bank for Social Security & architect of the eHealth platform.
- 'Pioneering malaria challenge trials in Belgium: from theory to practice in a Phase I unit', by Prof. Jean-Pierre VanGeertruyden, MD, PhD, Full Professor Global Health Institute University of Antwerp, Dr Farouk Chughlay, MD MMed FCCP Dip HIV Medical Director: Experimental Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology Medicines for Malaria Venture and Dr Pieter-Jan Berghmans, MD, FBCPM Investigator SGS – CPU.
- Yearly session on regulatory aspects of Medical Devices with updates on the topic, brought by experts from FAMHP and the industry.
- 'Learnings from the current pandemica: can these benefit the patients?' by Noël Wathion, former Deputy Executive Director EMA.
- 'From EMA authorization to market access in Luxembourg' by Dr. Anna Chioti - Head of Division Pharmacy and Medicines at Luxembourg Health Directorate and Sonia Franck - Secretary-General at APL.
- 'Digitization of research sites for clinical research: challenges and opportunities' by Prof. Dr. Elke Smits, Liaison Officer Clinical research Center, University of Antwerp & Antwerp University Hospital.
- Returning advanced two-day course CTD module 3 - quality section. This course is intended to provide an in depth knowledge and understanding of the main principles and concepts of the Quality part of the Common Technical Document, given by experienced tutors from university, FAMHP and industry.
Questions or remarks about our educational offer? Contact Céline at firstname.lastname@example.org